Stroll for Your Soul offers 21 days of accompaniment through a brief email delivered early each morning to your inbox. Each email will offer a practice, or a reflection, or a poem, or a photograph giving direction and encouragement to your time spent walking or jogging or biking or even skate boarding.
It takes 21 days to create a habit. Use these daily emails as motivation to get outside. They will help you notice the green and growing glories of Spring. If you are a regular walker, they offer practice at paying attention and being in the present moment. Weave silence and mindful reflection into whatever minutes you have to give to your self. Deepen your awareness of seeing the Divine in the ordinary and practice being in the present moment with these daily emails.
Stroll for Your Soul for Individuals
- Are you a fair weather person needing encouragement to get back in your walking shoes?
- Are you a runner seeking mindfulness on your daily run?
- Are you a biker, a hiker, a skate boarder wanting inspiration with your exercise?
Groups use Stroll in so many ways.
- Some groups meet at the beginning and at the end of the 21 days to check in on what people are noticing, identifying and valuing.
- Some groups schedule a time, once a week to Stroll together. Whoever comes, comes.
- Some groups never meet as a local group but stroll as individuals in the daily company of nearly 500 other folk from across the world. Yes, world!
- Some sign up a committee or youth group as a shared spiritual practice.
- Some groups offer Stroll to folk in local retirement and nursing homes.
- Some groups offer Stroll to groups with young parents, university or college students.
- Some groups invite other denominations in the community to sign up too and host a few ecumenical strolls together.
WayMarks …. is our 2019 Stroll for Your Soul theme. Stroll for Your Soul comes from The Prayer Bench and this year Caroline from Kereru Publishing was invited to join Janice MacLean from The Prayer Bench, in writing and curating the Stroll. Stroll explores the unique spirituality of our landscapes from very different parts of the world, and we look for WayMarks in song, scripture and our everyday experiences. Over 500 Northern Hemisphere Strollers completed the Stroll in May. Come Stroll with us this September!
WHEN: The Southern Hemisphere Stroll begins with a welcome email Wednesday, Sept 4 2019. You receive daily emails from Sept 7 - 27.
COST: Individual $20 or Group $50* (unlimited size)
When you sign up a congregation/group, you register as the contact person. You can pay by cheque, your credit card or PayPal or we can send you an invoice. We’ll send you details on how you then can sign up your group members.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE:
- A welcome email on Wednesday, Sept 4 2019
- 21 daily emails with a practice, a poem, a reflection, or photograph offering encouragement for mindful attention and accompaniment. Arriving each day at 5am from Sept 7 - 27.
- Group subscriptions also receive a poster you can download to promote to your group
Pay through the website, or if you'd prefer to pay via invoice and bank deposit, or if you're struggling with the checkout system, contact us through our online email form (see Info tab) and we'll send you an invoice and payment instructions