Stroll for Your Soul in the Southern Hemipshere begins on Saturday 2nd September 2023
Stroll for Your Soul is a collaboration between Kereru Publishing in New Zealand and Prayer Bench in Canada. Caroline and Janice explore the unique spirituality of their landscapes from very different parts of the world. Come Stroll with us!
Stroll for Your Soul offers 21 days of accompaniment through a brief email delivered early each morning to your inbox. Each email will offer a practice, or a reflection, or a poem, or a photograph giving direction and encouragement to your time spent Strolling outdoors or sitting where you can ponder.
Use these daily emails as motivation to get outside. They will help you notice the green and growing glories of Spring. If you are a regular walker, they offer practice at paying attention and being in the present moment. Weave silence and mindful reflection into whatever minutes you have to give to your self. Deepen your awareness of seeing the Divine in the ordinary and practice being in the present moment with these daily emails
THE 2023 THEME
Our 2023 theme ‘Returning to Our Senses’ invites us to intentionally use our sensory systems to make sense of the world around us, to invite our Great Creator into our daily lives through sensory actions, and to enjoy and appreciate this Spring season with a sensory lens.
Stroll for Your Soul for Individuals
- Are you a fair weather person needing encouragement to get back in your walking shoes?
- Are you a runner seeking mindfulness on your daily run?
- Are you a biker, a hiker, a skate boarder wanting inspiration with your exercise
Groups use Stroll in so many ways
- Some groups meet at the beginning and at the end of the 21 days to check in on what people are noticing, identifying and valuing.
- Some groups schedule a time, once a week to Stroll together. Whoever comes, comes.
- Some groups never meet as a local group but stroll as individuals in the daily company of other participants also Strolling.
- Some sign up an group as a shared spiritual practice.
- Some groups offer Stroll to folk in local retirement and nursing homes.
- Some groups offer Stroll to groups with young parents, university or college students.
- Some groups invite other denominations in the community to sign up too and host a few ecumenical strolls together.
WHEN: The Southern Hemisphere Stroll will begin the first Saturday 2nd September 2023.
COST: Individual $25(NZD) or Group $60* (NZD) (unlimited size)
HOW TO SIGN UP:
Fill in the online subscription form for either an Individual or Group subscription.
If you are signing up for a group subscription, you register as the contact person. We can change the group organiser later. We’ll send you details on how you then can sign up your group members.
HOW TO PAY:
Once you've signed up you can pay through the website OR if you've selected 'Send me an invoice' on the sign up form, we'll send you an invoice to pay via bank deposit or credit card.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE:
- A welcome email confirming your subscription with practical information about Strolling.
- An email setting the scene for Stroll a few days before Stroll begins
- 21 daily emails with a practice, a poem, a reflection, or photograph offering encouragement for mindful attention and accompaniment. Arriving each day at 5am for 21 days from the first Saturday in September
- Group subscriptions also receive a media pack you can download to promote to your group
If you are in the Northern Hemisphere, sign up throught the Prayer Bench for Stroll for Your Soul starting in May 2022.